The Non-Restricted Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) is the course you need to take to be able to apply for your Non-Restricted Possession and Aquisition Licence (PAL).
The Non-Restricted Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) is 8 hours long and includes lecture, video, and hands on training. Hands on training is done with real but deactiviated rifles and shotguns, with dummy ammunition.
A Non-Restricted PAL gives you the ability to purchase most long guns such as rifles and shotguns, and ammunition.
You will be presented with your copy of the course report and all documentation needed to apply for your PAL at the end of the class.
"As a novice to firearms, what I learned from the class has given me the confidence to handle various firearms. It was interesting, in depth, and truly safety based." Lilli
- History of Firearms
- ACTS and PROVE
- Basic Firearm Safety
- Ammunition Selection and Construction
- Loading and Unloading of Non-Restricted Firearms
- Carrying Positions
- Range Safety
- Care and Cleaning
- Ethical and Legal Responsibilities
- Storage, Display, and Transportation of Non-Restricted Firearms
You will learn how to safely handle, load, and unload the following Non-Restricted firearm actions:
- Break or Hinge
- Semi automatic
- Prerequisite: None
- Minimum Age: 12
- Maximum Students: 6-8
- Location: #201 4148-76 Avenue NW, Edmonton,AB
- Cost:$125.00 (including GST). Register for the corresponding Restricted Evening Course as well and receive the Combined Course Pricing, $220.00
Evening Course Schedule.
- Due to concerns about the Coronavirus, we have decided to suspend classes until further notice. The CFP has also shut down, so the wait time for getting your licence if you have already taken the courses will be even longer now. Sitting in a classroom with other people is the exact thing we need to be avoiding right now. If you are looking for things to do in your spare time, you can download a PDF copy of the text book and study it for when we start offering classes again. Find it here: CFSC MANUAL PDF. Keep checking back for updates.
- PostPoned until further notice. Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, April 7/8/9, 6:00-10:00 the first two evenings, and 6 until testing is finished on the Thursday. Finish time will vary depending on how many students there are.