Restricted Firearms Safety Course
The Restricted Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) is the course you need to take to be able to apply for your Restricted Possession and Aquisition Licence (RPAL). Hands on training is done with real but deactiviated single and double action revolvers, and single and double action semi-automatic handguns, with dummy ammunition.
A Restricted PAL is required if you wish to obtain any handguns, or any long gun that has been designated restricted by the CFP, such as the AR15 platform and any variants of the AR15.
It is either 4 or 6 hours long, depending on when you took your Non-Restricted CFSC. If you completed your Non-Restricted CFSC within 7 days, the 4 hour course will be sufficient. Any longer than 7 days and the 6 hour course will be required.
You will be presented with your copy of the course report at the end of the class, and all materials required to apply for your Restricted PAL.
- History of Firearms
- ACTS and PROVE
- Basic Firearm Safety
- Ammunition Selection and Construction
- Loading and Unloading of Restricted Firearms
- Shooting Positions
- Range Safety
- Care and Cleaning
- Ethical and Legal Responsibilities
- Storage, Display, and Transportation of Restricted Firearms
You will learn how to safely handle, load, and unload the following Restricted firearm actions:
- Single Action Revolver
- Double Action Revolver
- Semi Automatic Handgun (Single and Double action)
- Prerequisite: Non Restricted CFSC course, or a valid Non-Restricted PAL
- Minimum Age: 18
- Maximum Students: 6-8
- Location: #201 4148-76 Avenue NW, Edmonton,AB
- Cost:$110.00 (including GST). Register for the corresponding Non-Restricted Evening Course as well and receive the Combined Course Pricing, $220.00
Evening Course Schedule.
- Due to concerns about the Coronavirus, we have decided to suspend classes until further notice. The CFP has also shut down, so the wait time for getting your licence if you have already taken the courses will be even longer now. Sitting in a classroom with other people is the exact thing we need to be avoiding right now. If you are looking for things to do in your spare time, you can download a PDF copy of the text book and study it for when we start offering classes again. Find it here: CFSC MANUAL PDF. Keep checking back for updates.
- PostPoned until further notice. Tuesday/Wednesday, April 14/15, 6:00-10:00 both evenings. Finish time on Wednesday will vary depending on how many students there are.